Thursday 30 January 2014

She's Here! - 4 Days Postpartum

Firstly a humongous apology for the lack of update, I hate it when that happens but I'm sure some of you will understand while the rest of you are either extremely lucky or unlucky not to be able to.

Trust when I say that this is literally the first time I've had my iPad out since Sunday night.

Secondly, a massive thank you to everyone that has shown a genuine interest in how it all turned out for me, James and our baby girl - which leads me to proudly introduce:

Edith Elizabeth born 27th January at 18:30 weighing 7lb 15oz!


She's a perfect little lady, knows what she wants so is very content as long as she gets it which is an easy request :)

The labour was the worst experience of my entire life and a million times worse than I ever imagined possible, but I'll do a proper labour and birth story for that.

I ended up in theatre and was in hospital for two nights, one of them being in the high dependancy unit, but rather me than Edith.

We came home in a bad way on Weds and have been physically and emotionally suffering since because of the labour, the early hours of today being literally the first that I've slept since 6am Monday morning (except 5 hours staggered about) which explains me finally getting ahold of my iPad just now.

Anyway, going to go. My arse is sore sitting like this and I have a baby girl in my arms who desparately requires her mummy to kiss her face while she sleeps.



7 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations, she is absolutely gorgeous :)
    skeando

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your long journey ! Huge congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ! I am having the same issues ! We have a total failure in activation in our first ICSI cycle... Very sad indeed ! Did you do the AOA with Prof. de Sutter in UZGent? I did my ICSI there just last week, 0 positive result. I am hoping that she offers me the AOA therapy for next ICSI together with IMSI/PICSI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love following your story Louise - congrats on the birth of Edith! Would love to hear an update x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edith is so beautiful and perfect Louise!! Congratulations:) its so nice to finally see the happy ending I know many people wanted for you!!
    linxminx21 :)

    ReplyDelete