Sunday 5 January 2014

38 Weeks Pregnant

Not long now! :D

Sorry for it being a day late, it was one hell of a day yesterday.

Think heavily pregnant lady who is full of a cold having a major sobbing fit over the state of the house... Not pretty.

I can't remember the last time I sobbed so uncontrollably. I got started after the carpet cleaner wouldn't work and just got worse and worse until I couldn't stop even when I wanted to. Lucky for me, I have a very asute dog who bided his time until presenting himself for a cuddle and in spite of me screaming for him to fuck off several times, we embraced until I eventually calmed down. 

James reappeared from doing some hastey cleaning and stepped around me while telling the dog he was a very good boy.

We are now content with everything essential being done in case I go into labour, which could happen at any time I guess.

I don't know if that is just my version of nesting but it wasn't how it's described in the books!

I'm not sure what to report on from this week because it's main feature is me being rather unwell. I'm not a sufferer, but having a snotty nose and chesty cough while at the same time having an arse under your rib cage and lugging around an extra 30lbs and having a very sore back - well, it's so exhausting! 

The other things that spring to mind is that I've been having the runs consistently after eating anything remotely spicy. I know it's supposed to help get labour going but a fiery bum hole is not on my list of things to try so I'm now avoiding.

Oh! I've actually been enjoying green veg these last couple of days. Just microwaveable ready mixed peas and green beans, but it's a start! Mmmmmm.

My baby brain is still going strong. I made an idiot of myself just a moment ago... I had an itch on my stomach and when I looked I found a chickenpox blister! I asked on my FB group and had told James I needed to go to the GP first thing tomorrow, but someone asked me to describe it more and I was just considering that it resembled a bit of a freckle that I realised it was actually my freckle! It's more like 3 inches from my belly button now, instead of the usual inch so I got confused *sigh*.

I'm getting a bit concerned about the baby still being high. Shouldn't she "drop" or something? Everyone seems to mention their bump dropping so I'm worrying she's not engaged at all which implies labour isn't imminent.

I'm worrying about the induction too. Even when I specifically ask for support people can't help but tell me their horror story. Please. Piss. Off.

Weight gain this week was a little over a pound so back to 30 lb total gain.


1 comment:

  1. Hi lou been following you for a few years from pregnancy forum.
    Induction isnt that bad i had was induced and i can honestly say it was ok.
    I had 2 sweeps which did make me need a poo. Then i was put on a drip which made me have contractions.
    This was with my 3rd baby and i got alot more support from the midwife than with my other labours. It wasnt any more painfull than my going into labour naturally in fact i was laughing with my birthing partner. This may have been down to the gas and air.
    Most people want to make it sound really bad but its not.
    You will be fine

    ReplyDelete