Friday 24 January 2014

Another Uneventful Day - 40+6

Honestly, I thought something might have happened yesterday because of my back and bladder pain but it didn't. When I woke up feeling amazingly well rested it was both welcome and disappointing.

There was a slight incident during the night because I had a pillow between my knees and at some ungodly hour I woke to find that my knee had been twisted and it was absolute agony. The pain didn't linger for too long once I got it moving though and I slept deeply either side of the interruption.

I woke up with not a hint of a ache anywhere and I felt reinvigorated. Briefly.

I think i lasted until lunchtime before a dark mood befell me and I was on the lookout for an argument. Fortunately I didn't get one, but James did escape only by the skin of his teeth. All of his sighing and moping is going to get him maimed sooner or later at this rate. Mark my words.

Baby has been very very quiet all day so that hasn't helped my mood either. I made the mistake of looking into a stillbirth section on a forum just to see if there was any giveaway sign that baby was ok or not and right at the top of the section was a post from someone who had lost their baby at 41 weeks pregnant. The joys. I've been fighting the urge to tell James about it all day because I want to share how I've kept myself occupied but ultimately it'd just be cruel. I wish I hadn't read it so why would I expose him to it.

She's only just perked up now that I'm balancing my iPad on her. She just can't resist. I've tried buzzing her with a neck massager, cold drinks, sugar, James talking to her,  a bath, etc. All her usual wiggle moments and I just got a limp squirm at best so if the iPad hadn't have worked I would have been off to the hospital, seriously.

I've done my birth plan, so it's all printed off a few times and stapled and put into wallets. I even went to the trouble of putting some baby themed glitter stickers all over the wallets to try and lighten the harsh tone of my expectations. I think I tend to imply severe consequences of failing without even trying to. "I would like access to a birth pool (OR ELSE...)". "Delay cord clamping for 5 minutes (OR ELSE...)". Etc.

Umm, what else have I done today? Watched some box sets, eaten ice cream... Oh I had a sweep off James! A proper one, not a willy one.

He declared that it was much better today and he could definitely get his finger in and wiggle it around easily and he could even feel her... Head! That freaked him out. He said it was really hard and much narrower than he expected which resulted in some googling but what can we do anyway. He was so proud of himself that he even made it sound like he wasn't so confident of he previous efforts anymore. 

I knew he wouldn't be doing it right!

I actually wonder if I had some proper cramps afterwards. Before my aches were pretty constant but then today I've been ache free all day, except for twice where I got a sharp stab in my right kidney a couple of times. Completely pain free again now. Fingers crossed it picks up again.

We're starting to realise that it not just wanting baby out that is consuming us, but avoiding the induction too. We only have two days to go into labour or it'll be medical induction first thing Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment