Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

It's kind of nice to find myself at the start of a new year with all the promises of just how much of a brilliant year it will be.

This time last year I was in the middle of a doomed 2ww after what I already felt was a very disappointing fifth IVF cycle.

The year before that I was recovering from my second recently failed IVF cycle.

The year before that I was coming to terms with the fact that we'd be unable to conceive on our own.

The year before that I was just married and in a new house with all the promises of just how much of a brilliant year it will be...

Hm. Lets assume that this new year isn't the last hopeful one for a few more years like last time! Well, whatever happens next year at least I'll have my little girl to cuddle through it.

Would you believe that my plans for next year do indeed include more IVF?

I really hate it when you plan for things and people express how crazy you are when sanity simply isn't a luxury that I have the pleasure of.

So far my plans for 2014/2015 are:
January - have baby.
April - see consultant about next cycle.
June - start James on supplements.
July - stop breastfeeding (really sad about this one) and start on supplements.
Sept - have cycle with frozen embryos = June/July 2015 baby (but don't think it will work)
Jan - have IVF#7 = Oct/Nov 2015 baby
April - have IVF#8 = Jan/Feb 2016 baby
July - have IVF#9 = April/May 2016 baby
Oct - have IVF#10 = July/Aug 2016 baby

Pretty intense, huh? If I'm not pregnant again by the end of 2015 then I'll call time on trying for a bigger family, which won't be easy but I'm not going to be contemplating IVF for the next 10 years of fertility that I might have left. Plus I want a sibling for my little girl, not another baby for me.

I haven't really given myself any proper resolutions. Just making the most of the best year I think I'll ever have, even with ttc for a sibling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment