Saturday 30 November 2013

33 Weeks Pregnant

Only 4 weeks until I'm full term - dum dum dummmmmmmm.

I'm feeling quite excited really, but at the same time my mood has taken a shift. I feel a bit sad.

I feel like I have all of this major stuff going on and no one to share it with. Obviously there is James and I think (hope) he'll come good in the fatherhood department, but there isn't really anyone else.

I don't know if it's normal with your first baby on the way to evaluate the family that you are bringing your child into or if it's just christmas being around the corner making me yearn for those happy family occasions, but I've realised that my little girls family will probably be just the three of us.

My family lives a couple of hours away and I either don't see them until births/weddings/funerals, see them only if I'm paying and organising or don't want to see them anyway.

James family is also a couple of hours away and they are the same. The ones we do see, we only see if we make the arrangements and effort.

The obvious solution would be to pop out several kids and make my own large family unit but that's not very realistic unfortunately.

I'm thinking about moving, perhaps closer to James family, but I don't think that we'd be able to afford the countryside so close to Birmingham.

I dunno.

I think about friends to call "aunty/uncle" but I don't have many if those either. Who we'd have as godparents I have no idea! Can the priest be one? :-P

Then again, having a large extended family when I was a kid didn't do me much good did it. Put a bit of distance between you all and you might as well have been an orphan!

Still no stretchmarks which is nice. I saw a shocker of a photo today! Someone posting a pic of their kid kissing their bump and all I could see was this disgusting belly totally covered in stretchmarks. Blurgh!

What is it they say... earning their tiger stripes? Pfft. Talk about delusional. They're awful and ugly and you know if you can find the cash that you'd be getting them all cut off asap.

I was telling James about the photo and he almost earned himself a punch. "Oh well I don't think yours look that bad..." Those are VEINS! Que the lecture about my translucent skin being stretched to being practically transparent. Funnily enough he never notices the ones I have on my boobs - too busy finding an orifice I assume.

I've been keeping up my Epi-no once a week since I started. I had to get some KY Jelly to ease the process along. I managed 7.5cm last time which I was pleased with until I realised how much bigger 10cm is...

Weight-wise I'm a no gainer again! Still 25lbs. I don't know whether to be relieved or concerned but I'm trying to be happy about it.

I actually really like the shape of my bump at the moment. It's large and round and firm and is still ore-stretchmarks.

Oh, actually, people have actually started commenting on my pregnancy! Asking how far along I am and things like that which is nice. Just shop assistants and things, not any random people yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment