Sunday 17 November 2013

31 Weeks Pregnant

Yes, a day late. Am I bothered? No.

Am I bothered about anything at the moment? No, not really.

I'm not being sulky or even feeling that tired, I simply cannot be bothered doing anything.

Sleeping during the day goes against every fibre of my being, so instead I opt for a semi-conscious state on the couch with the entire box set of CSI Las Vegas playing. I spend my day flopped there, eating whatever goodies I can get my hands on. 

During the past two days I have consumed a whole box of After Eights to myself and that is a super over indulgence for me. I can't really stomach that much confectionary but I was determined to eat the anyway.

So while everyone else seems to be nesting and being OCD about clutter and cleanliness, I've decided it's a good time to fester in my own gluttonous filth.

Rather than it stemming from the obvious pregnancy hormones, I don't think it has actually.

Last week I made the huge mistake of over exerting myself. I knew I was at the time but didn't realise it would take me a long weekend to recover, assuming I can pull myself together from tomorrow.

I went for a long walk with the dog and yoga friend and then I decided the hang around for longer, then I went for lunch and then it was home and cleaning and making dinner - ok, I didn't do any cleaning - but then it was out for aquanatal until late. It might not sound like much but it was a very active day from the moment I woke to the moment I got to bed and I instantly regretted it the next day.

I was stiff as a board, my back is still constantly aching now a few days later, and I'm completely drained of any energy. I sleep fine, except for back related tossing and turning, but I'm like a zombie.

Never again. I can do one activity per day.

I've still got so much to do and I can't afford for this to be my state of mind and body for the duration of the pregnancy.

Yeah... So I'm currently very lethargic and my back is killing me.

I checked my weight and I'm now up 25lbs in total for the pregnancy, which isn't so bad expect for the fact my weight gain is jumping up by larger increments and I just can't afford that for the rest of my pregnancy.

I'm on a "diet" from tomorrow, just switching out the sugar for fruit and losing the butter on my toast. I don't want to put on any more weight for babies sake as much as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment