Saturday 2 November 2013

29 Weeks Pregnant

Gosh. Counting the weeks from the egg collection up until today feels like one huuuuuge drag. 

I'd have squeezed in another couple of cycles by now but fortunately that wasn't necessary.

It's quite a change in lifestyle really. It might be a devastating drudgery to have to depend on IVF but like it or not, it becomes an unavoidable part of your life and you might be surprised to learn that it leaves quite a lull when it's no longer needed.

A baby would easily fill any void, but a pregnancy is mostly either unpleasant, inconvenient or dull.

So, I'm finding that if I look at the length of time until my due date as a count down that it provokes a little bit more of excitement.

In fact, I've only got 11 weeks to go until my due date and that is the kind of timeframe that I'm much more used to coping with as it's about how long I'd have to wait until a subsequent cycle of IVF! 

If it comes around as quickly as that, well my little girl will be here before I know it.

Symptoms wise I'm finding that I've got a constant desire for dairy. I read that protein is very important at this stage but I'm not bothered by meat, however I could happily live off quiche and hot chocolate.

My boobs are still occasionally producing tiny drops of liquid, sometimes clear and sometimes cloudy, and I guess it is a little sticky. Nothing that would remotely constitute as leaking though.

I did get a bit of a shock today. I was feeling and smelling a bit sweaty on my groin this morning even though I'd just bathed last night so I thought maybe I'd trim the area only to find I could not see and coordinate my hands.

So, I went to the mirror only to find that it looked really alien down there!

It's been feeling a bit puffy and that is how it looked, enlarged. I even thought my vaginal hole looked bigger.

That's not the worst of it though... It's changed colour!

I'd read that it could do and I checked for it earlier on with no difference, but now it's awful. It's gone from my much beloved pinky colour to a disgusting dark purple brown kind of colour.

I went to inform James and he pretty much expressed repulsion and said he didn't want to see in case it put him off in future and that he hope it changes back. Cunt. 

Literally! :P

In fact when someone came up with that that word I bet they were looking at a pregnant women's vagina and it was all they could mutter to express their horror.

Not to worry though, I'm sure a gigantic baby passing through it will sort it out...

My little girl is still doing well, as in she's doing exactly what the hell she wants to :) Still breech, still back to back, still kicking me in my - omg! Maybe she's bruised my vagina into that colour!? Ok, maybe not.

She's fine. A bit quiet after the Aquanatal and yoga, but a bit of hot chocolate perks her up. It's sad to think she won't get any for a couple of years once she's out.

I do think I'm popping more this week too. I can feel my sides rounding out a little.

Oh weight wise I'm up another pound, so about 22lbs gained now which sounds a bit horrific but I think I'm actually doing better than many. I don't know any similarly chubby ladies that haven't put on a crap load more than me. Skinnier ladies are supposed to put on more and chubbier ladies less.

3 comments:

  1. Indira IVF clinic is the first to introduce one-to-one counseling sessions which involves comprehensive analysis of patient’s reports and brain-storming discussion on the range of suitable treatment plans according to the patient’s problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaudium IVF clinic treat a broad assortment of unprofitably, in both people and females, crucial cases, and additionally the most complex cases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaudium is Best IVF Clinic in Delhi NCR. Read more https://www.gaudiumivfcentre.com/

    ReplyDelete