Tuesday 12 November 2013

Turning a Breech Pregnancy

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but during my 26 week scan the baby was found to be breech legs extended with her head up in the middle.

Well, a month later and I'm of the opinion that she is still in exactly the same position pretty much and her head has never been past 3 or 9 o'clock.

When I turned 30 weeks my book claimed that by now 75% of babies have their head down and of the 25% minority, 1 in 5 will still be breech at term which is the equivalent of 5% overall.

A breech pregnancy at term is an automatic csec, unless you over rule medical advice which I'm not prepared to do because I just don't know enough about it to essentially play with the life of my baby.

So, I'm now trying everything and anything to try and get her turned.

Here is what I've got on my list so far:

Hypnotherapy (relaxation and suggestion)
Chiropractor (improving posture)
Homeopathy (using herbal remedies)
Acupressure (stimulating the skin)
Optimal Foetal Positioning (mothers body position and movement)
Coaxing Baby (exerting stimulus directly on baby)
ECV (doctor physically rotating baby)

I've got until 34 weeks before my next ultrasound scan and by then I'll want her turned because I assume by that time the consultant will be starting to look towards my labour and what considerations need to be made - I'm hoping none!

So, I better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment