Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ouchie Cramp - 33+3

I had an awful cramp today and I even feared that it was an actual proper contraction, more because of the pain rather than the sensation.

I've had Braxton Hicks several times most days in phases. I went through a phase of having them often and then it had died down a bit and then these last couple of days I've noticed one every now and then.

Well, when it say notice, it's not a sensation of any sort. I just happen to notice that my bump has tightened up.

Anyway, today I've been feeling a bit tender in my tummy. Am I due another growth spirt? Was it the kebab last night? Was it the aqua fitness? Who knows. It could be any of these things.

So I went to the toilet just for a wee and as I sat down I kind of hunched forward and suddenly my tummy went really tight but it was really painful and crampy too.

When I say really painful, I mean it was kind of like a period pain and gas pains and a pulled muscle pain all at the same time. Not that I was doubled over. It was probably more scary than painful, but it ached and it continued for the entire time that it took for me to go downstairs and tell James all about it and pace around the kitchen for a while.

I'd say maybe it lasted... Oh I dunno. Perhaps 2 or 3 minutes.

Once it faded, I was left with a lingering awareness of the tender tummy. I hadn't really noticed it before the cramp.

James seemed to start fretting that it might mean baby wants out but I assured him it was just a one off nothing so then he started fretting that maybe has turned because that is supposed to hurt. I tried to reassure him again but he was set on it meaning something as per usual. I really feel like I can't say anything to him sometimes without me having to support HIM through it.

Since, my tummy has also felt harder and when I went to NCT tonight the first thing the tutor said was that my tummy had changed shape. I was very out front and up high.

I mentioned the cramp expecting her to play it down but she didn't really acknowledge it and then said, "oh well I hope you don't get any more cramps like that" which made it sound like she thought it sounded like a proper contraction.

I don't feel particularly bothered by it, although the thought of experiencing similar or possibly worse cramps at regular intervals for several hours during labour is a bit intimidating.


No comments:

Post a Comment