Wednesday 5 June 2013

Some Spotting Update - 7+4

I decided to phone the clinic asap, so at about 8:15am I gave them a ring but they said that the nurses were in a meeting until 9am so I waited and then phoned back.

The nurse was nice and asked about the spotting like when did it start, what was it like, did I have any pain, etc, etc.

The bottom line was that they didn't think anything needed to be done and if I insisted that I'd have to pay. I was specifically interested in having my hormones checked and a swab for my itchy cervix but she said the doctor didn't think my hormones needed checking and that they didn't do swabs so I'd have to see my GP and if they prescribed anything to let them know.

The doctor insightfully told me that crinone gel progesterone causes itching in 5% of patients... But that doesn't really explain the bleeding does it.

So, I decided to phone the GP and at first they wanted to give me an appointment next week but when I explained the pregnancy bleeding they had me in this morning.

The appointment was ok, the doctor was nice, but even she didn't seem that bothered about doing a swab for infection. She kept asking about my itch and if it felt deep. I said it was my cervix and she didn't understand how i knew it was my cervix. She kept repeating deep and i kept repeating cervix! 

She had trouble reaching my cervix which is good I guess, I had to prop up my hips.

She had a look and only saw a smear of colour (but I'd douched myself so I'd know if there was any new stuff) but she said that my cervix was tightly closed which is good. I don't know how discharge gets out of a tightly closed cervix though... 

She also said my cervix looked inflamed and there was an indication of thrush so prescribed me a one off pessary to try and offer some relief until the swab results come back, so that's something anyway.

She was glad I had no cramps or lower pain, even though it not strictly true. I had had the odd sharp twinge but it more to the side so i assumed it was my ovaries or something.

On the way home I started getting some really sharp cervix stabs though. I'm sure it's just swab related though? *sigh*

My next scan can't come soon enough.

I just hope there isn't any more spotting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment