Saturday 8 June 2013

8 Weeks Pregnant

In the same perspective as someone I know... I'm now 1/5th of the way through my pregnancy :)

I'll insert a photo of my belly and my weight tomorrow because by the time James was in the house today, I'd already eaten several meals and was very bloated. That's not insecurity, that's just me wanting to look not pregnant before I start looking pregnant. It is very small, but there is definitely a window where I look less inflated.

So, what new with me this week.

Well I had the spotting which seems to have gone back to how it was before, none when wiping but some discoloured pessary gloop.

I really want to stop the progesterone so badly, I'm tempted to ask if I can. It doesn't make much difference apparently as the amount is nominal compared to pregnancy, but still... It feels risky. Although, I'm very uncomfortable with the gloop and spotting too.

My boobs look huge, but that might be mostly down to being given a new bra size. I thought I was a 40D (according the all the measuring guides online) but i went in and got measured and it turns out I'm a 36/38E.

What the hell. I think I'm going to have to wear my maternity tops upside down. When I put my new bras on, they are phenomenal. I look like I've had work done of the excessive variety.

They still aren't sore though. Not even a smidge. Since the spotting I've tried looking for symptoms more closely and I have that sinking feeling that I've lost a few. My nipples aren't sensitive anymore. My skin is greasy, but clearing up. My beard hasn't returned. I'm not as thirsty. I thought I could kind of feel my uterus but not anymore.

It's not sounding good is it.

I am still tired but I'm also waking up at 6am every morning...

However, I do have a little hope. I have been getting a lot of pains around my groin which might be growing pains and also tonight, I think I actually felt a bit nauseous!!!

I do get hunger sickness, like where I get that tummy grumbling feeling, but it goes when I eat however these past couple of days it happens quite soon after eating. Then tonight I had only just eaten my dinner when I got the hunger sickness and my mouth went very wet! That's quite good i think?

Maybe not, I don't know :(

I'm basically back to not feeling feeling pregnant since my spotting. Nothing.

The good news is that my itching has cleared up I guess.

Oh and I bought some fybogel, thinking it'd help with the constipation - full of aspartame! Couldn't believe it. Nhs recommended too. I'm glad I didn't take any but now I'll have to find something else instead.

Symptoms:
Bigger boobs?
Some nausea?
Lots of pulling pains.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....

    Overall, it still sounds to me still positive stuff. I am especially fond (?!) of the "pulling pains", I think they are a very good sign. Booby pain comes and goes, but they're bigger so Yay!
    Nausea of any sort sounds good, but you don't have to have it constantly.

    There will be plenty of days where you don't feel any different. Even after the 12 week scan, you question it when you have a "normal" day.

    Scan tomorrow!!!

    I take half a pack of fybogel most days. I was told it is perfectly fine for pregnancy, including by a new Mum friend who had IVF and is a GP. I think you are prone to over-think food 'scares' (no cooked and cooled meat unless you did it yourself?!! That's extreme in this day of food hygiene standards, lol. Bring on the pork pies)


    Now, where's the bump pic??!!

    ReplyDelete