Saturday 15 June 2013

9 Weeks Pregnant

Since the scan earlier in the week I've been feeling much more relaxed about the pregnancy and for a day or two I was rather blissfully content.

Yes, there is a but.

Now I'm feeling super stressed, not about the the pregnancy, but about the practicalities of having a baby on the way.

We need to finish off the kitchen, we need a new bathroom, we need new carpets, nursery furniture - not small tasks and not cheap!

These just aren't things that James contributes towards. He thinks the decoration fairy magically appeared and did the rest of the house, so I'm going to have to do it.

The inlaws owe us a wad of money if we are to hold them to paying for our medication, but I'm not sure they realise how much being pregnant has cost us so far. That money would go a long way to paying for the work we need doing but it's awkward.

Then the inlaws car is taking up my garage and I need the space to store my bathroom fittings until we get a plumber in so it'll be a case of "hi, please can you cough up the £1.5k you owe us and while you're at it take your car out of my garage seeing the winter is over?". Cheeky bastards, right?

James is sitting on some money too. He's into his mountain biking and has this stupidly expensive bicycle. Well, he kept leaving it in the corridor until one day we had an argument and I took a frying pan to it... He claimed I'd broken it and out of guilt I let him take the tax refund to buy a new one. That was ages ago and somehow he is still managing to ride his "broken" bicycle while sitting on this pile of cash that he seems to be dipping into at will. I'm starting to resent it but he's not going to give it up without a fight which is bullshit really.

It's all playing on my mind so much that I'm hardly sleeping at all. I can't get to sleep, wake up early and feel like I've not fallen into a deep sleep all night long. I'm shattered, grumpy and stressed.

I did allow myself some happy shopping and bought some stuff for a gender reveal party. I know some people think they are naff, but I think finding out the gender of your baby in front of some no body sonographer while lying on your back with your partner out of sight is a bit naff. As for finding out during the birth, I could do that but meeting baby is more than enough excitement and the family can't enjoy it with you then.

What else has gone on this week... Hmmm... I started a sewing class, had my intralipids and I think that's it.

Symptom wise I've got nothing to report really except since the scan I have been getting so many pulls and aches in my groin that its really getting a bit annoying now. I can't stretch at all without it aching for ages afterwards. I'm thinking "growing" which is comforting though. Sometimes I'm sure that my bladder feels rounded even when it isn't full so I'm wondering if that is the start of my "bump".

My weight has gone up by 0.2lbs which is nothing. I read 4lbs for 1st Tri but I'm hoping that with being overweight to start that I see below average gain during pregnancy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment