Thursday 18 July 2013

I Pee'd Myself - 13+5

That was rather unexpected.

Sipping on my drink, went down the wrong hole, started to cough and some pee squirted out!

I wasn't soaked, it was maybe a teaspoon or two of fluid, and for a second I had a horrible thought that maybe it was blood or my waters going (which I assume happens for a mc) but when I ran to the loo and sat down I immediately continued to pee while examining the wetness which was clear.

I really didn't realise that it could happen this soon as I thought it was related to the baby physically squashing the bladder but google showed lots of ladies experiencing the same thing early on and apparently it's another thing linked to the progesterone making everything slack.

Must remember to choke next time instead of cough.

I told James I'd just wet myself and he looked a bit bemused as he glanced at my pants looking for non-existent evidence and he didn't know what to say or how to react but he did smirk when I suggested I should have got some tena lady while shopping this morning.

Oh the joys.

While I was on the loo I also noticed my first actual discharge since stopping the progesterone gloop and it was a lovely reassuring mixture of clear and green snot. Green is linked to STIs which I know I don't have and it doesn't smell nor am I irritated down there so I'm just going to see what it's like in a few days. Why it couldn't have just been typical I don't know.

As for my headache, I'm still not free from discomfort. I've got mild pressure and pain if I shake my head but I'm not suffering. I am surprised its not gone entirely but I'm sure it will definitely be gone by tomorrow!

I've also bought myself a thermometer because I was worried about the heat cooking baby, so I've been using that practically every 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment