Saturday 6 July 2013

12 Weeks Pregnant

Omg! 12 weeks pregnant :D

Gone quickly, hasn't it? I suppose I should have expected that really.

The burning question is though... Am I now in the 2nd trimester?

Apparently it can be determined by three different factors and each one influences when the 1st trimester ends and the 2nd trimester begins.

One of the ways is based on the development of the baby and then the other two are based upon dividing either the period of time since LMP to EDD or the period of time since conception to EDD by three.

I'm going to go off the development of the baby and why everyone doesn't adopt this method I don't know why, because that is the only factor that is consistent for every pregnancy. Basing anything on the EDD when it is an unknown seems a bit daft.

So, yes! I'm now classing myself as being in the second trimester :D Crazy or what?!

Well, I suppose I'll have to wait until my scan on Tuesday for my official confirmation but the spotting seems to have stopped as soon as it started and I think everything will be ok.

I thought I'd actually popped this morning but progression photos showed that there has still been little difference in my bump, or lack of. I have been feeling heavy up front though, especially when I bend forward. It's hard to describe but it just feels like something shifts forward and prevents me bending as freely.

I did have a tantrum though after getting on the scales. I'd put on 2.4lbs last week and felt glum, well I'd put on an additional 3.6lbs this week... How?!

That's a total of over 6lbs in total during the 1st Trimester, compared to the recommended maximum of 4.5lbs, and what is worst is that it's pushed me into the next stone bracket on the scales.

I've always been chubby so I figured no big deal if I put on weight during pregnancy because I'm used to being bigger, but honestly, I feel really upset about it. I feel like a huge big fat cow who will be so massive come labour that it'll take me years just to get down to a small enough size to use my frozen embryos :(

Also, I've been getting some nasty pains low down. I assume round ligament but I thought I was already getting those previously and they felt different. They were more like stretching warm aches whereas these are very brief but sharp ouchies very low down.

Boobs are huge and getting more huge, but nothing else to report really.

Skin is ok at the moment and the hairs have yet to recover the electrolysis.

I'm enjoying very spicy foods, disliking vegetables and although I have now attempted chocolate, I didn't enjoy that either. Melon was popular but I think that phase is passing. I don't really fancy anything in particular.

I am tired, but still waking 6am every morning and not getting to sleep until 11pm so that's not exactly a long time.

Hmmmmmmm, and that's it I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment