Wednesday 29 May 2013

Fucking Fuming - 6+4

I can't remember the last time I was so utterly mad. I just want to chew my hand off I'm so angry.

Telling immediate family has well and truly blow up in our faces and unsurprisingly it's my mum whose selfishness and stupidity has managed to turn what would have been a really nice occasion into a source of stress and upset.

Basically, I haven't spoken to my mum in months.

It started over something stupid and while I didn't make much of it at the time, since she has created drama and bad feeling and as time goes on she keep adding to her offences until we find ourselves where we are now - me wanting nothing more to do with her.

So, we had the scan yesterday and sent out a photo to parents and siblings. Yes, it crossed my mind to exclude my mum but I figured it wasn't the right thing to do. She'd known about the IVF and had mostly been supportive so regardless of us not talking I thought she should be treated at least equally.

Big mistake.

Everyone else sent us texts back, lots of !!!!!!!!! and smiles and kisses and excitement. Most of the phoned up to chat about it it.

My mum, however. My mum sent us a text saying: "Wonderful news. How old is he."

I thought she can fuck off if if she thinks she's getting details after that cold text.

It must have played on her mind because I later got a "wonderful news." and later still another saying "wonderful news xx".

I expected the news to filter out in due time as they talked to us about it and saw it progress.

Well, tonight, I got a FB message off my cousin congratulating me. I like my cousin, but I don't see her hardly ever, and neither does the rest of my immediate family as she doesn't live very locally so I was pissed not that she knew but someone had told her and I knew who it was immediately.

My mum, without congratulating us nor consulting us, knowing everything we had been through to get this far, not having spoken to me for months, had taken it upon herself to tell everyone immediately.

Not because she was so super excited, she had actually made it clear to my other family members she was sulking, but because she just didn't give a shit.

No idea how far along we were, what our plans were, what our wishes were - nothing. And she wonders why she's never fucking included.

So now, I'm having to tell people that I'm only 6 weeks and I just know that they go "yikes" in their head when I say as much because its ridiculous to announce this early.

She didn't give a shit of the stress it would cause us, the pressure it would cause, nothing.

I've never seen James' face turn so purple before. He tries to stay neutral but he just wants to give her a bollocking and I don't blame him!

I'm certainly not keeping her updated anymore and at this rate I can't see how she'll have much to do with my baby when all she does is create stress and anger.

Little Johnny (the baby) doesn't like her very much for upsetting mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment