Sunday 26 May 2013

6 Weeks Pregnant

Ok ok, so a day late, but I have a very good excuse. I'm pregnant and couldn't be arsed, so it's ok :)

I'm back of my holiday and was feeling very relaxed for all of 5 seconds, but it's hard when I have my scan looming. 

All I've been doing is googling miscarriage statistics and it doesn't help that each one of my books seems to feel that this point is the time to discuss miscarriage.

Did you know that there are even miscarriage risk calculators?!

I've had no bleeding, or well I thought I didn't until someone took the opportunity to tell me they felt coloured pessary gloop counted as spotting after I foolishly asked for opinions. I've never wiped and had colour, except that one time on holiday which I'm now wondering if it was a tiny skid mark, but my pessary gloop goes in white and comes out white with orange chunks in it.

So, because of NO spotting, I'd count as missed miscarriage which is much less likely than spontaneous abortion.

At 6 week, my miscarriage risk is 9.4% but then by 7 weeks its fallen to half of that. Actually it seems to fall by half with each additional week.

None of this is a relief though. The lowest miscarriage/stillbirth related statistic that I've seen was 0.5% but even that is 1 poor sod in every 200. How many people are in a large Tesco superstore at any one time? More than 200.

I'm also pretty sure that I'm having one baby just due to lack of symptoms and lack of bleeding and my hcg not being remarkable, which was fine, but I do kind of wish that now I am going through this that it was more likely to be one of fewer times. Not that I'm having an awful pregnancy, but I'm so over ttc that the fewer times I have to go through it the better. I'm really hoping for a shock second baby. Plus, so far I've been referring to two of them all this time so it'd be a bit sad.

Also, I've been fretting about my supplements. I started on Ubiquinol because it is supposed to fuel cells so I figured good to ensure the embryos had the necessary energy to grow properly. That happened and we had great growth so when I got a BFP it didn't occur to me to even stop because my embryos were still growing even if their location had changed. However, apparently, Ubiquinol supplementation during pregnancy is not researched and is therefore as it stands, not recommended. I had a chat with James, expecting him to freak out but he was actually very supportive and he agreed with me that on the off chance it was what was keeping the embryos going, we couldn't afford to stop until the time when most of the major organ growth had finished.

James has been great. He's prone to selfishness (the result of getting to 30 without commitments) and to be honest his enthusiasm for actually being the dad I want my children to have was a bit of a concern at times, but he's like a totally different person since I got pregnant. 

During my IVF I slept in the spare room just because i needed head space and then on holiday we shared a bed so when we got back I said I'd be moving back in with him and he told me a couldn't because the bedsheets were dirty. Honestly, I thought it was bullshit, but I went along with it thinking to myself that I refuse to nag him to wash the sheets but first thing the next day he had the sheets in the wash! He has NEVER washed the bedsheets. EVER. 

Then I got a craving for a burger so we went out to McDs but they've changed their menu around for those horrible themed burgers and the burger I got had no pickles or mustard. I can't express how disappointed I was but as I sucked on this dry tasteless burger, James pulled the car over and whipped his gherkin out (lol) of his big mac and told me to out them on my burger. Then instead of hinting about his burger being ruined, he started reassuring me about how he couldn't tell the difference.

Today, he is washing mould off the windows and applying mould proof paint!

I swear, whoever has the real James, you can keep him! I like this one much more.

I suppose I should talk about pregnancy stuff for a little bit.

I weighed myself and I'm 11st7.2 which means during my holiday of eating for three, I lost 9 lbs! My weight does tend to fluctuate severely, I weighed myself again this morning and I'm 11st 9.4, but that is still an overall loss of 7 lbs. Some say that's normal but it's weird I think. I don't look thinner either, it's not like I've dropped a dress size sadly.

Boobs are still normal. A bit fuller and nipples a tad sensitive to being brushed past.

My face is a mess! A million teeny tiny spots. Now, I am prone to the odd honking zit, but this is like a rash:

I probably should have popped that one on my lip before taking the photo...

Oh, I do think I'm having distinctive food preferences. I don't like sweet but give me sour or bitter and I'm in heaven. Best treat so far was some strong liquorish pieces, omg so good, another stroke of James' brilliance.

No cramps, except for the night I had the runs, but I am a bit moody and overheated.

Wish me luck for the 28th!


No comments:

Post a Comment