Friday 24 May 2013

5 Weeks Pregnant


My first proper apparently pregnant blog! 

Yep, it's still not sunk in and to be honest I'm not sure when it will do.

I don't feel depressed as if I've had a failed cycle nor do I feel worried that my pregnancy might end.

I simply don't "feel" pregnant to start off with.

This previous week has simply consisted of me remaining in some sort of state of limbo where I'm trying to scrape together any scraps of symptoms to attribute to pregnancy.

I've come up with:
Bruised bladder sensation
Pulled groin/very low stomach
Tiredness
Heartburn

The tiredness could of course be due the me waking up at 5am every morning, but I've been having a nap in the car this afternoon.

We're driving down to Devon for our commiseration piss up holiday. Well, James is now going on a celebratory piss up holiday and I'm going on a celebatory no piss up holiday. In fact no anything holiday for me.

I got dirty looks for suggesting a KFC burger for lunch at the services. Instead it was a Starbucks panini and considering I'm off obvious dairy that left me with the chicken and tomato one.

That's a first for him giving a shit about fat content so maybe he thought the super deep fried chicken still might contain traces of salmonella, he's salmonella crazy! I eat raw eggs from my own chickens and kiss my pet lizard frequently and I've never had bloody salmonella poisoning. I'm pretty sure I'm immune.

You know, I read up about it and its not even the sickness that is the risk to babies it's the potential dehydration and yet they make no such recommendations about drinking a minimal amount of fluid or staying out of the sun or whatever I'd think was a much more likely source of dehydration.

I was really thirsty yesterday after my intralipids. The joys of pregnancy after an immune cycle, repeat prescriptions of lots of tablets and injections and even IV drips.

Luckily the intralipid nurse was one that I had before on cycle 3 and she was very nice, a good dry sense of humour. She even gave me her mobile number to inform her what I'm having, she told me I should have triplets - twin boys and a girl as if I put my request in at the clinic while we was arranging the BFP.

I also got my pregnancy announcement cards! James thought I was nuts when I told him I was getting some custom cards made but now they've arrived I can tell he's really chuffed.

The things is that I ordered them out of necessity and insisting on acknowledging it somehow but now I'm starting to chicken out of sending them.

My inlaws are visiting us at the holiday cottage for a couple of days and we'll have to tell them the truth so I was going to send the cards out next day delivery to reach everyone else like siblings.

I dunno now. If I could trust MIL to not tell SIL I'd probably wait until the scan but I just can't. Urgh.

I'll do a digi in the morning or telling them and unless its 3+ like is should be I'm not telling anyone at all!

I suppose I should stick up a photo of my week 5 belly but I already look 16 weeks, no joke. I don't look fat, I don't think. I look like I swallowed a beach ball.

I always blame the IVF as once I bloat in the run up to egg collection, I don't deflate again. I think afterwards your follicles refill with fluid and I'm not sure when that fluid should had gone by. I know that women with OHSS can get worse when pregnant so maybe I'm suffering from a degree of lingering ovary bloat due to pregnancy. I need to look it up.

Anyway, no photo this week.

OMG sunshine!!! Only an hour away and there is actual sunshine! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment