Friday 24 May 2013

5+4


Nothing remarkable happened today pregnancy wise, except for us announcing it to the inlaws.

It went quite well.

Unfortunately my MIL was drinking a lot of wine so we were a bit anxious that she wouldn't be very focused when we told them but it seemed inappropriate to just thrust our news upon them randomly so we waited until the evening meal.

They took our food order a d a they left I thought that it would be a good time while we waited for the food so I told them that we had a thank you card for them because they'd been so good to us with the IVF and things.

MIL opened it and saw the card with the pregnancy test on in and didn't seem to understand she needed to scratch the panel off but FIL took it off her and did it and they were both just about the well up when the waitress reappeared with the drinks! Fuck!

I had assumed it was just bad timing on my part and she seemed to take forever tasting the wine etc and pouring and then finally pissing off so we could continue our special moment.

They were thrilled and MIL was crying and we exchanged hugs and kisses and it was really nice.

They wanted to know how everything went with the cycle and asking about the pregnancy and things and what was next.

I told them we weren't announcing to anyone else, I've chickened out of telling anyone else before the scan next week, and you could tell they were itching to blab to everyone lol

It was a fish restaurant that we were at and my husband and FIL had ordered fish stew and when it arrived I thought it smelt awful. I could smell sewage and I wondered if it was the mussels but no one else seemed to have noticed and I didn't want to point it out.

As my husband ate his mussels he put the shells on a plate next to me and I have them a sniff - definitely them! Blurgh. I'm surprised he ate them because he's normally funny about stuff like that and they wreaked.

At the end of the meal, the waitress reappeared and seemed more talkative. "Oh so that's why you wanted your scallops overcooked, congratulations!" "Was that a scratch card that you used to announce? I wish I'd thought of that."

It was dawning on me that if she saw the scratch card that she must have already been aware something was going on before she intruded at the crucial moment. Cow.

"I'm 22 weeks pregnant". Piss. Off.

Not that I could tell anyway as she was quite well padded already. I'm the opposite, I already look about 16 weeks. Which is worse? When did my belly get so round?! I blame the IVF hormones. Definitely NOT the associated comfort eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment