Saturday 26 October 2013

28 Weeks Pregnant - First Hiccups?

28 weeks cooked and I am officially entering the huge and uncomfortable pregnant lady stage.

You know that you look pregnant when you can wear your husband's coat (because none of your own fit) and you can still see your undeniably pregnant belly poking through.

My back is constantly aching, not painful, but I feel like it needs cracking all the time. It feels stiff and misshapen.

I've had a couple of bouts of rib pain too on my right side. It's difficult to describe the sensation. It felt sensitive, like chewing on foil but in my ribs. Fortunately they were brief and short lived.

I'm so tired that although I'm still avoiding naps, I sleep for 12 hours straight easily. If I go to sleep at 11pm I don't wake until 11am and that isn't like me at all. For as long as I can remember I've been up at 8am at the latest no matter what day of the week it is. Annoyingly even if James sneaks off to get all the morning jobs done, I bolt awake as soon as the bedroom door clicks shut.

Well, not anymore.

My boobs are still giving off milk, kind of. It's not every time I squeeze them or even every day. In fact today I got some droplets out of them but they weren't cloudy anymore. I did tell my pregnant friend (the one for yoga who is due a day after me) about it and she squee'd in excitement.

While I'm mentioning my friend, I'll add that we've been going to Aqua Natal together and plan some more yoga and walks and things. She's turning out to be really nice company as she's up for anything and it's even more of a shame that she's buggering off to Wales soon after our due dates. Such is life.

Another thing is that my teeth and gums are looking a bit neglected. They are giving up a lot of blood when brushed and the gums even look a bit purple so I'm making more of an effort to ensure I do them thoroughly and it seems to be paying off. It might just be the nice toothpaste I've bought though.

I've still been freaking about baby being breech so saw a handy YouTube tutorial and copied some of the moves. I don't know how people do them for any duration though. If it's not my back aching it's my knees and if it's not my knees then it's my hips.

I basically have to sit on the ball and rotate my hips around while being conscious of keeping my pelvis open with a wide stance.

So I did it for a while thinking how stupid it was and then I felt it - hiccups!

Everyone always goes on about feeling baby hiccup. The books go on about it and the girls in the forums go on about it and to be honest I started feeling like it was one of those things that is just bullshit. One person reckons they felt hiccups and then everyone else wants to feel them and before you know it everyone's babies hiccup 24/7.

When I felt them, or think I did, it was as if someone was using one finger to tap 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-etc etc. It wasn't as strong as a kick or a thump, but it was well defined. There wasn't any bucking sensation like I thought there might have been because when I hiccup I feel my whole head and chest jumping.

However, the only problem I have is that the hiccups were so low down. They were on the crease under my belly and if google is correct, then that would imply she is head down already.

I've decided that I'm completely screwed decided which way she is lying. I still feel her "head" in my ribs in the morning and just before I got on my ball I was certain I could feel both her head up high and right and her butt down low and left.

Surely she didn't go head down in the 20 mins I was haphazardly wriggling around on the ball...

I'm going to see what the midwife says on Monday.

Hmmm, what else? Oh, not weighed myself this morning. Woke up late and forgot! I'll do it tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment