Saturday 19 October 2013

27 Weeks Pregnant - Third Trimester?!?!?!

It's always open to debate, but I reckon being 27 weeks pregnant puts me in the third trimester!!! :O

How crazy is that?!

I remember all the ttc friends that got pregnant before me, we'd typically lose contact just because of the change in circumstance and then one day I'd catch up with them and was always in awe to them being in the third trimester.

Well, here I am myself and I feel in just as much awe. Where has the time gone!

So, what is the third trimester anyway?

It seems to boil down to it basically being the last three months of pregnancy but it brings with it the reassurance that your baby has a very good chance of survival if born at any point and also signals that the pregnancy is almost over.

I have already been doing some calculations and I'm only 70 days away from being full term, that's just about Christmas Day and we all know how quickly christmas comes around! It'll be here before I know it.

As for my little lady, she's being a pain in the arse.

Since my growth scan revealing that she's breech, I've been freaking out and trying to get her to turn and then just when I think she has it's like Groundhog Day and I wake up to her head being rammed right up the middle of my rib cage yet again.

I keep being told that she has plenty of time to turn etc etc but it doesn't make me feel any better. Go and google any 27 week progression images and the baby us always head down.

That's not the extent of my woes either.

My back is killing. I get dead legs when sleeping. The heartburn is setting in.

I guess I spoke to soon about relaxing into pregnancy. I didn't quite realise how brief my pregnancy high would be.

My weight jumped up again this week, a total of 20lbs gained.

No comments:

Post a Comment