Tuesday 13 August 2013

Red Cabbage Gender Test

I've only got a week to go until my gender scan (not finding out then btw, we're waiting for the gender reveal "party") but i've been playing with some gender prediction tests.

I don't actually believe any of them to be accurate btw, it's just for fun!

I did the test about 2 weeks ago and just didn't get around to posting it up because James phone wouldn't send the pics via email.

The red cabbage test is basically chopping up a red cabbage, boiling it and then mixing some urine with some of the cabbage water.

The cabbage water is suppose to start of blue/purple and then the water stays the same for a girl or turns red for a boy.

The science behind it seems to be that the urine of a person carrying a boy is supposed to be more acidic and cause a chemical reaction of sorts to change the colour of the cabbage water.

That said, when i have a UTI i'm told to exclude acidic things from my diet to keep my pee alkaline so that implies to me that diet can have a significant impact on the outcome of this test.

Here is a pic of my results before dilution (to see the colour better). The left glass is the cabbage water without urine and the right glass is with the urine:


Here are the same glasses after dilution:


The floating bits are just cabbage btw!

It seems to me that the red cabbage test predicts GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment