Sunday 25 August 2013

19 Weeks Pregnant

Posting a day late due to a weekend with my brother staying over.

I've found that I'm getting more and more excited about finding out the genders since having the scan on Tuesday. I'm more excited about becoming a mum and I have moments where I start smirking to myself randomly. When I put it into the context of me having a son or a daughter, it's really weird but not in an overwhelming way. I become a giggling school girl. I'm really really looking forward to it. 

I feel that it will be the start of finally being pregnant in the cliche super happy way because I'll be able to go crazy providing my child with it's identity through its clothing and environment. I'll be able to allocate it's name and start dreaming about its future.

It's going to be a busy week sorting out the house and things and I'm finding the whole concept of throwing a party really overwhelming.

I knew early on that I wanted a gender reveal party but I wasn't sure why. I know that some people think its a bit naff, but their reasons for being so against them seemed to revolve around assuming that others motivations were as materialistic as they themselves must be. I don't want gifts, I want to share a moment with my nearest and dearest.

It was only the other day when I was watching YouTube that there was another IVFer who was having a gender reveal and they put their reasoning into the context of wanting to make up for the fact that they didn't get to make a big announcement about their pregnancy due to everyone being in expectation of it due to knowing about the IVF. I can relate to that.

This week symptom wise I've noticed that my gum has started bleeding. It normally bleeds anyway just from one particular place between two of my molars and then ironically when I got pregnant it stopped. It hasn't bled for all this time and now it's just started up again. It happens when I suck the area to get food out and things.

I've also had very loose stools. I don't go for days on end as if I had typical constipation but then when I do go instead of it being compacted and difficult to move, it's loose. It's not liquid but definitely wet.

I've been getting a lot of pains again in my groin, quite sore, and after I ate the other day my skin even felt slightly tight. I think I've got another couple of weeks before I need to start using the stretch mark cream, which I don't really believe in the effectiveness of anyway.

Skin clear, boobs larger but not sore and everything else that i can think of seems normal.

My weight is up another 1lb to total and increase of 12.4lb which is pretty depressing. My BMI was 30 so I was right on the boundary for whether I should gain a maximum of 11 or 8 lbs during this time but considering how much I have gained I'm going to go with 11lbs! Just a little over, right? No big deal...

Baby is still wiggling, although it seems to have days where it wiggles constantly and then days like today where it hardly wiggles at all and it drives me crazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment