Saturday 31 August 2013

20 Weeks Pregnant

I can't believe that I'm 20 weeks pregnant!

Me.

20 weeks pregnant!?

I'm half way through my pregnancy already?!?!?!

I have often seen the advice being given to others that they should make the most of their pregnancy because it goes so quickly and at the time I could appreciate that pregnancy was probably one of those things that seemed to come and go, but I could not comprehend just how quickly it actually flies by.

I seem to have been instantly transported from a BFP to 20 weeks pregnant and I can only assume that before I can blink I'll be on my way home with my baby in my arms. It's crazy.

However, it is strange to note that all in all my life and body are still very similar to what they were before I was pregnant too.

I keep on waiting for this momentous change to occur. I wanted it so badly and so far I can't really see why. Not that I'd give it up for anything, but even that feels more like a preprogrammed response.

I dunno. I guess I'm waiting to fall in love with my baby and am a little surprised that it hasn't happened yet. Actually I feel more in love with it as I type about it, but still, where are the fireworks?

I've got my gender reveal tomorrow (eep!) so I'm hoping that being able to acknowledge my son or daughter will help me start to form an idea of the babies identity that I can get to know.

Anyway.

So this week has had some real highlights and some really sucky bits too. 

Firstly, James felt baby move! It was several days ago actually and probably should have gone into last weeks update. It was really cool though. I had been getting him to try for a few days but nothing because you have to kind of guess where the next hit will be to feel it. Well, I felt this hard lump and the kicks were really quite strong in the same place so I grabbed his hand and placed it near to my I belly button and bam! He felt it! I could tell that he was chuffed to bits and it was really sweet.

The movements in general have become a lot stronger and I actually felt a couple when I was standing up the the day when they are always when I'm sitting or using down, and have been since actually.

The bad thing is that I have had the worse stretching pains all in the my groin area and up my stomach. It's a really intense burning aching feeling and it lasted a few days and was starting to get me a bit frustrated.

I've actually been starting to feel a lot more tired again too.

I nearly passed out in Debenhams today, they just don't have enough (any) chairs for people to sit on while they are waiting for huge queues to go down.

My back and feet are killing me and I just feel run down in general.

I've been worrying about premature labour after deciding its the only thing that could kill off baby at this point so have been staying hydrated and full of calcium as recommended. I can't wait for 24 weeks!

I had a feeling that I might have a UTI brewing after a couple of days not drinking enough so I'm downing lots of pomegranate juice, my stools seemed to have hardened up and my boobs suddenly seem very blue with veins.

I only put on 0.2lbs this week which is nice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment