Saturday 14 September 2013

22 Weeks Pregnant

This pregnancy thing has been stressing me out this week, it's not been very fun.

My little girl seems to be lying really low down, either that or she is so big that's she can reach the length of my uterus by now. It seems that most movements have been around my bladder area and a couple of time it's felt like she is kicking against my hip bone. Then there are the times that I feel flutters against my cervix at which point I totally freak out.

I know my GP didn't seem to believe me when I told her that I could identify feelings at my cervix, but I believe that I most definitely can and that is where the flutters are located.

Yesterday these flutters resulted in me shouting for James and demanding that he helps me get my arse up onto the arm of the sofa while padding out my back with cushions. I kept slipping off and he dared to start laughing at me yelling at him from behind my boobs which had flopped over my mouth.

"Oh it's so funny that the baby is coming out, it's so fucking funny", I sniped with a mouthful of flesh.

He did well to keep a straight face as he pretended to help heave me into position while we both knew full well that I was way too heavy for him to actually lift me and I was doing it all myself.

Finally, with my arse propped up and legs up straight with James standing there holding them i got the feeling that we were both avoiding commenting on how much of a handy position we were in for a quickie.

That was just the most recent drama. There have been several occasions where I've managed to get myself upside down only to have to shout to be rescued from the stupid positions I've found myself in.

I'm also finding that I can't get comfortable at night. I've had a couple of sleepless nights where I wake up with a dead leg and then my mind wonders to any excuse to worry and before I know it I've been awake from 3am until 7am. I started using my pregnancy pillow which works for the most part in that I don't go onto my back more than a couple of time, but then I wake up feeling really stiff.

Oh and then there is my bladder... I thought that I'd got to that stage where I didn't need to pee constantly and I was even making it through the night but now I think maybe that I just haven't been drinking enough. I've started making a conscious effort to drink more and I'm peeing constantly! Worse than ever. I can get to about 30 mins after drinking and I need to go. If I've drunk a lot (my typical amounts) I'll be going every 10 mins.

I've just had a large drink and instantly I got a splitting headache and I'm also bursting to go. Must. Finish. Blog.

I've done some painting in the nursery but I started getting dizzy quickly.

Oh yeah! We've got a cot! :D £625(sales) - £800 RRP and we got it off Ebay for £335. It's needs touching up with some varnish to cover the gnaw marks (?!) but we've still got a pram and car seat to buy and we want them new which should tally about £1400 (omfg) so furniture is a good place to save money because they can be touched up.

My boobs are getting sore and my coccyx is still really hurting me if I sit properly, the only way to avoid the pain is to slouch which can't be good.

My hair is also really super dry and knotty. I had highlights recently and I wonder if its because of that so I'm going crazy with the conditioner but I feel like its too late.

Skin is good though ^^

I spoke too soon regarding my weight as I put on 2lbs this week so I am officially over a stone weight gain... 14.6lbs to be exact. If I keep following the graph for my BMI that I found online then I'll put on a total of 27lbs by 40 weeks *sigh*.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/wicworks/Sharing_Center/NY/prenatalwt_charts.pdf

The good news is of course that little lady is still going and we actually found a family member that genuinely seemed to love the name! FIL! So at least that is one person lol

No comments:

Post a Comment